Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Major Awards & Mute

My Father once gave my Mother a Major Award. It was a warped twisted melted pot attached to a gold plaque. My Mother had melted said pot on the kitchen stove. What had once been a very nice pressure cooker had been turned to a puddle of molten aluminum due to the lack of one essential ingredient...Water. Yesterday I should have earned my own Major Award. I am the proud owner of what once was my most favorite cooking device, an electric multi cooker, but is now a pot full of black foul smelling sludge and a whole lot of carbon. My beloved multi cooker has been tortured beyond the point of repair and was unceremoniously laid to rest in the garbage can last night. It will be missed.
In other news, I had a revelation yesterday. One of those "AH HA!" Moments when suddenly everything seems to make sense.
I am MUTE.
I must be. I must only THINK that I am talking when actually NOTHING is coming out of my mouth. That is the only explanation as to why my lovely children and dear sweet husband would IGNORE me so completely. I have taken to caring a pad an paper around with me so that I can write down those very important things that I need to tell them. Now I just need to teach my 3 year old how to read.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

That was awesome. Let me know if the note pad thing works. I would be interested in that for sure.