Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Oh my stinkin' heck

Cole came upstairs yesterday to see it snowing outside. He stops in his tracks and shouts:
"oh my stinkin' heck! Its snowing"
** I love that kid **
The things that come out of his mouth keep me rolling. Like a few nights ago when we were driving home from my moms house. He says:
"Mom, I love this Earth, but I don't want to stay on it for all days."
I asked him where he was going to go if he wasn't going to be on Earth anymore. He says:
"Mom (like duh) I'm going to be a Space Ranger and fight bad guys in outer space!"
So the strangest thing happened to me yesterday.
I blew up water in the microwave.
(OK you can stop laughing now.)
Now, I have had my share of failures in the kitchen, but really, this is a new low.
I was just trying to boil 2 cups of water to make Jello for Lily and after about a minutes and a half there was a loud boom. I opened the microwave and all the water in my measuring cup was spattered all over the microwave. Whats funny is that the glass cup was still fine and the water wasn't even that hot!
So what happened?!
P.S. If anyone else has ever had this happen let me know so I don't feel so dumb.

1 comment:

Liz H said...

Kylee: It's Liz Hansen!

Actually that is really common. Because water molecules cling together, sometimes when they are heated in a microwave they create a shell that, well... explodes at a certain point.

There are actually several people that have been reported to have received 3rd degree burns as they took their mug out of the microwave and disturb the "shell" and then it exploded. So you were blessed it did it in the microwave instead of on you.

Put a Popsicle stick in it next time to help avoid that!!!

Liz